The basic idea behind the Gowiho attack is to distract the enemy defense and crush them from all ends. In the example below you can see that I bring some Giants, but that is only because there are Inferno Towers set to single that I wanted to flood. If they were set to multiple I would have brought an extra Golem and maybe even used a Golem or Pekka in my Clan Castle instead of Witches.
The most important things to remember when using the COC Gowiho attack is to bring Golems, Witches, Wizards, and Hogs. The number of each troop you bring can vary depending on preference, and you can even mix in other troops like Pekkas and Valkyries. The spells you bring should be something like 2 Jump, 2 Rage, 1 Freeze……or…….1 Jump, 2 Rage, 2 Freeze……or even substituting a spell to bring a Heal Spell to help with the Hog healing.
Check out the 3 star attack video below and then we will go over some specific steps.
In order to start 3 staring bases like this yourself, follow the steps below:
- Use Earthquake on an important part of the base that will gain you access to lots of areas. Also, make sure you are weakening the Inferno Tower, Town Hall, and/or a key Archer Tower or X-Bow
- Drop your Jump Spells where you would like your Golems and Witches to enter the base from. If there are blind spots where you can place some Wizards safely go ahead and do that, that way they can destroy the defensive units the Golems are targeting quicker
- Deploy your Golems spread out across one side of the base
- Spread your Wizards out across the base behind your Golems
- Deploy your Witches evenly on each side.
- If you have a Pekka or Golem in your Clan Castle deploy before your Witches for protection. Otherwise, you want to drop your CC full of Witches after you deploy your Heroes
- Deploy your Heroes in the middle of your attacking troops
- After most of the defenses become distracted it is time to drop your Hog Riders. Drop them on one of the sides of the base, not from the same place as your other troops, otherwise they will take on more damage than necessary. By dropping them on the side of the base you are destroying defenses, and buildings, that your Golems and other troops don’t have to worry about any more
- If you have a Heal Spell drop it on the Hogs and try to include as many other troops as possible
- Use your Freeze as the troops approach the Inferno Towers. Pay special attention to Single Infernos since they can roast your Golems and Pekkas
- Drop your Rage Spell as close to the middle as possible, but don’t wait too long! You want to make sure your Wizards have not died yet, you will need them especially if the enemy has a Lava Hound in their Clan Castle.
As mentioned above, you should definitely mix up the troops for this attack based on which troops are the strongest for you. Everybody has different attack styles, so make sure you are practicing a lot on good bases to see what is working best. If you cannot get Level 3 Witches at least in your Clan Castle, you should probably use a Pekka or Golem instead. The difference between Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Witches on this Clash of Clans attack is huge.